Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Freedom..

According to the Buddha's teachings, the most basic condition for happiness is freedom. Not political freedom, but freedom from the mental poisons of anger, despair, jealousy, and delusion. As long as these poisons are allowed to form in our minds and grow in our hearts, happiness cannot be possible. He suggests that if we learn to take good care of our own suffering, we can help others to do the same. That, he claims, is the path to true happiness.
So let it go...all of it. I promise it won't be easy..it won't be fun..it won't be painless. I promise. But it will be worth it. Strength, clarity, compassion, forgiveness, truth, grace, love, mercy, happiness, passion, contentment, possibility. Charity in your heart. ALL WORTH IT. I know. I know this because I'm right there..making the journey..learning to accept and release my sufferings, learning to take good care of myself..and my heart..and my failures, learning to open up to the freedom that is possible. I'm right there. Every day, every moment, every step.


XOX

3 comments:

  1. I love you...I just had to say that...I've missed being here..too much going on but I am coming back, one slow minute at a time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so uplifting! Thanks for being YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila...I love you too and I will take whatever minutes you give me. Hang in there...I am always here for you.
    Lisa...Thank you. I truly enjoy our friendship..I don't know about the uplifting part...just working the kinks out in my head!
    Love, hugs, and prayers to you both!

    ReplyDelete