Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Quit..

There are days that beat me up. There are weeks that drag me, kicking and screaming, through the brambles. There are months that leave me lost..and confused..and broken. It happens...it happens because I am alive...because I care...because I open my heart and soul to the world.
TODAY I QUIT.

I quit...
Thinking things might ever change.
Trying to keep in touch with friends and family.
Dieting.
Being OCD about the cleanliness of my home.
Getting my hair cut. (Random..but still I quit.)
Being nice to undeserving people.
Cooking.
Being excited about decorating the house for the holidays.
Obsessing over my photography.
Saying yes to everything.
Worrying about what people think.
Believing people are good. Some people are just bitches. Feeling sorry for them, praying for them, worrying about them won't help anything or change who they are.
Trying to please everyone.
Using my filter or being politically correct. If you can't handle me, you shouldn't be around me.
Pretending I am ever going to be any different. Or better.

Things I WANT to quit...
Obsessing about finances. I am never going to be independently wealthy.
Worrying about my health. Death finds us all eventually.
Letting stupid random bullshit affect and upset me.
Giving crazy bitter angry people space in my life, my head, my thoughts, or my heart.
Staying up late when I should be sleeping with my boyfriend.
Making excuses.

Change happens when we least expect it...but there isn't any reason why I can't give it a little *shove* in the right direction. Commence shoving.

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment