Saturday, August 17, 2013

For The Win...

I have had a crazy busy day today...and Holy Hell... as I sit here typing this post for you and waiting for the oven timer to buzz, AGAIN, I realize it's not quite over yet. But that's SUPERFINE....because it was totally worth it!!
What did I do, you ask? OH...you DIDN'T ask?...Then why the fuck are you still reading this?
(Begin at the beginning)...It's Jubilee Days Weekend in my hometown. Since some of you aren't from here (too bad for you)...that's just a little thing my town does the third weekend of every August. You know...a parade, flea market vendors, crafty shit, deep fried food, seeing anyone and everyone and then some. The high school classes hold their reunions (speaking of which...mine is this year. And for those of you interested...I'm skipping it.) and it's usually a roaring good time! There's always a little something for everyone. I love it...like most people...and I anticipate it and look forward to it each year. It's kinda the summer going away party (school used to start here the week following Jubilee...but that changed this year.) It's gotten MUCH smaller...and a little less eventful...from the Jubilees of my youth, but..for me anyway...it's a cherished tradition. And you know how I am about tradition.
So it started today. Tomorrow is the parade and most of the activities, but a few really fun things got going this evening. I started out MY day with my dear friend G....we are working tomorrow in the sorority booth doing really fun crafts with the kiddos! (I KNOW...RIGHT?! That's the LAST place you'd expect to find ME! Crafts AND Kids!).....so today we needed to get supplies gathered, make super creative signage, and go over some last minute details. It was wicked fun and I got to get a little craft groove on.
After all that artsy fartsy marker and paper cutter work, this girl was starving. Crafting is hard work. Nothing sounded better to me than the Fish Fry. Hell Yeah. So, since I had neglected my sweet husband...in lieu of markers and poster board...we grabbed him and headed uptown for some deep fried fishies. UM..YUM!
AND....did I mention there happened to be a Car Show this evening? NO? Now, y'all know how much I love me some shiny chrome. So, I scarfed down my sammie (I even ate the bread...cause this is a special 'casion.)...grabbed my hubs and my camera, deposited G with her husband (he is helping run the car show..which means now G is helping as well. The things we do for our spouses.)...and went in search of amazing photography! FOUND! Give me a couple days to finish stuffing my facehole with Jubilee goodness and I will share them with you!
ANYWHO....after walking the gamut a couple of times, eating a megaloid ice cream cone, visiting with townies, and checking out the first round of wares....I stopped back at G's table. By this point MY husband was done and ready to go home (he has the attention span of an ADHD gnat) so I sent him on and stayed with G to help, visit, and continue snapping. Because, as it turns out, I became the "unofficial official" event photographer!
As if that wasn't exciting enough...I also got to JUDGE the Car Show. OK...so it was just to settle a tie. But hey...I still got to pick my favorite six cars. Do I know anything about cars...other than "I love the color of that one", "ooh, that one's got sparkles", or "OMG, a cherry red mustang"....NOPE. Four wheels and an engine.....but I know what I like. And after today...so does everyone else!
And now...because I'm the BEST MOM EVER, I'm up at 12:45 in the morning...baking 9 gazillion and 5 Peanut Butter cookies for my kids "Cavity Table" tomorrow. She is heading to Washington D.C. in October and needs to raise some funds.....so here I am, baking away. Something seems off to me.
And on THAT note....I'm taking the last batch out of the oven and heading to bed. Tonight I am more than ready.

See ya on the flip flop side!!!

XOX

1 comment: