Friday, May 2, 2014

Living The Life...

"The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams today, in every little way you possibly can." Mike Dooley

How incredibly fitting. I have been absent from blogging, absent from sharing my opinions and advice, absent from living here...because I have been living HERE, in the real world. I have been discovering all the little ways I can live the life of my dreams.

And as cliche as it may sound, as easier said than it is done, I am adopting this ideal as my new mantra. For this blog, for this year, for this life. At least, I promise to try.

Why? I need to learn to count my blessings (and I have many). To not take things for granted. I think we've all committed that crime in one way or another, which is no way to really live. I've taken far too many things for granted in the past years, and I think it's time to explore a part of myself I don't normally recognize, gratitude and happiness. I'm hopeful this journey will help me to find inspiration in the little things I do, say, think, find.

After all, I'm only beginning to learn who I am and what kind of person I want to be.

But I think I have a pretty good start.

I am faithfully following His lead.

Tomorrow, I plan to update everyone on what else I've been doing for the last few months. There will be lots of updates on those planner notes, as well. And be on the lookout for a new post this weekend, all about listening.

I've had a much needed and welcome rest. But it feels awfully nice to be back.


XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment