Friday, September 11, 2015

Mindfulness...

My life has changed.
That's a pretty powerful first sentence. I mean, of course things are different. Everyone goes through moments and seasons and life. If we never changed because of that..well, I suppose we would be doomed to repeat all of our past mistakes and relive all of our failed chances.
That sounds depressing.
Here's when it happened for me.
I made a mindful decision to stop. To stop living in anger. To stop welcoming fear. To stop worrying and wondering and waiting. To stop the cycle of emotional abuse I was inflicting upon myself. I stopped trying to "keep up with the Joneses". I stopped explaining. I stopped making excuses. I just stopped.
I practiced a mindful routine of peace. I participated in a daily ritual of calm meditation. I let life happen. I released my need to conspire for control. I accepted who I have become. I made allowances for my imperfections.  I stopped sweating the small stuff.
Because it's ALL small stuff.
And, somewhere along the way, I realized that I was writing here less and less. The reason why? Because I didn't need the world to participate in all the little things that had hurt me. Because they STOPPED hurting me.
Of course that doesn't mean that I have nothing else to say to the world.
I want to share my journey with all of you. I want to give you the tools to stop floundering in the world and start LIVING in it. I want to experience this NEW season of my life out in the open...completely raw and exposed. I want you to celebrate success with me...and dust off the stumbles with grace. I want a different ending to my story, and I want YOU to want that too.
So we carry on. I will dedicate myself anew to this small corner of cyberspace. I will make it a daily habit to write, to create, to study, to live, to share and to love.
Will I make mistakes? Of course. Will I get caught up in the hustle of the everyday? Probably. Will I forget the way from time to time? Yes. Will I give you all the ugly, inconvenient, painful truths that I encounter? Always.
A new season of mindfulness. Because it's time.




Namaste and Blessings.
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment