Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Again?....

Where does this Monday keep coming from? It blindsides me every time. I think I am ready...but NO...not for Monday. In fact, I have decided that Monday is directly proportionate to Hell. Yep. That's what I have decided.
Not that I really have all that much to complain about I guess.....I slept in this morning (I guess....technically if you are awake until 5am and sleep until 9am does that count as sleeping in?), I ran some errands, I cleaned the kitchen. It's not like I have to DO anything...I'm just mad at Monday for principle. So here I sit blogging about how much I hate Mondays...
It seems as if Monday is directly to blame for my mood. Not the phase of the moon, not the planetary alignments, not the flu that I am fighting off. Monday. It has caused me to be angry, to yell, to cry, to say things that I do truly regret, and to be uncharacteristically mean. Damn you Monday. You are screwing with my life.
But it feels odd to blame a day for my mood. There are much more likely causes.....her, him, them. Oh the list I could make. But, just for the sake of argument, let's go back to blaming Monday. And weirder still is the fact that Monday is not even the first day of the week..it's the second (for those of you keeping track. And don't give me a bunch of historical mumbo jumbo disputing that Monday is actually the first day of the week..this is MY blog.)..seems as if Monday should be less nasty. Figure that the week gets better the closer it gets to ending right? So...by that theory, Sunday should be the worst day..with Monday progressively better. Hmmm.
But wait! Monday IS responsible for Monday Night Football. I stand corrected. I am sorry, Monday. I have hated you today (and many other days)...and I see the error of my ways. I repent. I beg for forgiveness.
Now....what can I hate about Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment