Thursday, November 4, 2010

Feast or Famine?...

Oh my goodness! Have you missed me? Feels like FOREVER since I've been here...so much has been happening!! I know I asked for a little more excitement....did you catch that? A LITTLE more excitement...not a big truckload of it dumped on the front yard! So, let's get right to it....
Eos has been overwhelmed with requests for photos! Such a blessing. And they keep coming...we have a photo shoot next week, a series of random sets in the upcoming days, and a holiday portrait session in early December. I am truly blessed and thankful that this opportunity has been given to me...and my families have been a true joy. I spent a BUSY weekend in Tennessee with my lovely family and some (newly made) wonderful friends. I cannot begin to describe the joy that I find with them....and this time of year? Oh...the sights were a dream! They had a wonderful photo session and I am looking forward to more time with them very soon. I had the pleasure of capturing some dear children recently...and ah...baby fever has set in. (More on that to follow...) I also received an invitation to attend a gathering of local small businesses run by women...a networking session if you will. What an honor....I am delighted to accept.
I am also looking forward to the upcoming holidays. Now usually, I am the LAST person to say that. No really..and despite the headaches that I foresee I think this year will be interesting. Now, there is alot to say here....don't get me wrong. There have been some strong winds blow through this house...and some upheaval....and some changes. And I am here to tell you that in a matter of days...well...that is a different blog altogether. Suffice it to say that things are about to get increasingly ugly and possibly more difficult.....and the holidays will be the beginning. Aren't YOU excited? ME TOO!!! We will talk about it more later.
So there is another trip south planned soon. You know..a "keep her happy, keep the peace" trip. I wish I could say that it is welcome news....but, well....it's the calm before the storm. I pray for strength and clarity and the ability to remain silent. (It COULD happen.). There will, I have no doubt, be more on this in future blogs.
I have talked before of my stress regarding our finances...and unfortunately I don't see that the light at the end of the tunnel is any brighter, closer, or more attainable. I think we have settled into a comfortable routine, however the poor house is not a fun place to dwell. So...while I am excited about the holidays, I am also realistic enough to know that they will be LEAN ones this year. I think I am reasonably accepting of this fact...I am not sure that Small will be so understanding. Ah...the joys of grown-up-ed-ness. (Sarcasm font).
Oh...and let me just discuss the fact that I have recently been seen by, yet another, physician...in another specialty...to tell me that there isn't anything wrong with me. Thank you so much Oh Great And Powerful Wizard. I am positive that I have never been to medical school...I am also positive that there is something wrong with me. I am also pretty positive on the solution to this problem. The lack of medical school aside....give me a scalpel. Oh and maybe some painkillers (I am after all burning through them pretty quickly.) I got this......so, now I am at a dead end, brick wall, electric barbed wire fence. Looks like I am going to live with constant pain and learn to like it!!!
So.....that seems like an adequate beginning to the chaos of the past few weeks. And as the title of this blog implies..it is all or nothing around here! I will attempt to rectify my spotty blogging history and keep this up to date....my sincerest apologies (and that goes in advance...just in case!!).
As always...keep your hands in the car, your seat backs and tray tables in the upright and locked position, and remain seated until we come to a complete (and undoubtedly sudden) stop. Until then...thanks for coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment