Thursday, October 21, 2010

Is this thing on?...

If you sit and stare at a blank computer screen...is it writers block, or bloggers block? Either way...I have it. I have that gnawing sense that I SHOULD be writing something, that I SHOULD be witty and funny and creative. Nope...still nothing. What is the problem? Have I not had enough wondrous adventures and heartbreaking letdowns? Where does the good stuff come from if not from real life? And I have a plethora of reality...seriously.....here....have some of my reality. I'm giving it away...free of charge.
On a side note...my small and I are in the car today (not a shocking event in and of itself...) and she says from the back seat..."Mom, I am confused." (Dear Lord, me too. Oh wait....what?) Me: "Yes, my darling precious...what could you possibly be confused about?" Her: "Well....isn't it October?" Me: "Yes." Her: "Well...I just saw red Christmas lights on that house." Me: "Are you sure they weren't orange Halloween lights?" Her: "Really mom?" Me: "Well...yes?" Her: "Nope. Red Christmas lights." Me: "I think maybe orange Halloween lights." Her: "I can't win this can I?" Me: "I doubt it." Her: hysterical giggles and (I think) an eye roll in my direction. What just happened? That's funny though.
So back to my writers/bloggers block. I will admit that I have been uncharacteristically  (oooo...that's a big word...I'm going to need to spell check that one!) busy of late. Dinner parties, homework, travel, facebooking, photo editing. I have played housewife, mommy, chauffeur, therapist, best friend, photographer. Notice that "blogger" is conveniently missing from the list? It has been a busy week....and still, as I search the recesses of my memory bank, I sit with not one creative thought brewing in my skull socket. What has the world come to?
Another side note...evidently we have the "terrible twos" at my house. My diva weenie (who just had a birthday last week...) refuses to go down the stairs. Really? He must be carried and held and comforted....I presume he has fallen and thus is traumatized....but now I must deal with fleas AND a pathological fear of stairs? When does the madness end? Good thing he is cute and loves his mommy.....
And back to the staring.....
My brain hurts....
I will be creative tomorrow. Ummm...yeah...that's it. Tomorrow.

1 comment: