Monday, October 4, 2010

Are you kidding me?...

I swear that today must be a Monday...oh wait, it is. So, let's not even discuss the fact that it is...once again...raining. And let's leave out the ever worsening, debilitating painful parts. Oh, and the dog has fleas. What is left?? Hmmmm....a quandary.
Let's focus on the positives...shall we? I spent some time in the kitchen today-made a HUGE pot of vegetable beef soup...just like my mommas. Good ole comfort food. It was lovely...house to myself, sound of the rain outside (boo) and a knife on the cutting board. Had a small friend over for dinner...little girl chatter is always therapeutic. Oh, and let's not forget about the brownies and Irish coffee that I had for dessert. Yep...that helped.
I worked on some photos this evening. I tweaked the blog. I found some great creative ideas online. I watched some episodes of my favorite show (thank you Netflix). My house is relatively clean, the fridge is stocked, I have tomorrow nights dinner prepped, and everyone is in peaceful slumber. I guess my job here is done. Except for that flea problem.
So I might start some projects tomorrow. Looking at some Halloween and Christmas things. I've never really been the "crafty" type...but who knows? Might as well give this whole "stay at home mom" thing a go. I might even be good at it....
Not much else to tell y'all about tonight...here's hoping for blue skies and cheery blogs tomorrow!
As always...goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment