Friday, December 10, 2010

'Tis the season...

The elves have been uber busy this year...and with a few exceptions the finish line is in sight. Who knew it was possible to get everything done before Santa's workshop closed for the year? A few days in the kitchen and I will have this holiday season "wrapped" up....shew. Not a snowfall too soon either...
Things have been slower than normal here of late. Quiet almost. (are you knocking on wood?) Not that I am complaining..with all the upcoming excitement..it's nice to relax and enjoy these small moments. I have been reflecting alot on the things that I am thankful for...a cozy home, loyal friends, a loving family. Maybe I lose sight of these blessings from time to time....but I do recognize the meaning that they have for me.
I am realizing (as the year ends) that I have been imperfect, impossible, impertinent. I have squandered away gifts that were bestowed upon me. I have come to terms with the anger I have held on to, the betrayals I have manufactured, and the wrongs I have failed to right. I understand that I am hard to live with, harder still to love. I intend to work on that...or die trying.
Maybe it's the Christmas spirit taking over, maybe it's the promise of a new year and a new beginning, maybe it's the cold weather snapping my brain into compliance...whatever the cause...I recognize the effect.
So...we will see what tomorrow brings....a new outlook, acceptance, forgiveness? Or maybe just some snow?
Sounds like a new blog post....
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment