Saturday, August 13, 2011

Weekend Perfection...

When I woke this morning..way to early for a Saturday..to whiney dogs, pain in my stomach, and nausea..I was pretty sure the day had reached it's peak. Fortunately, my wonderful family had other plans! So, they treated me to a delicious breakfast at one of my favorite little mom and pops (omelets, bacon, and coffee). Then they took me to the library (I LOVE and ADORE our library..it is truly a magical place.) where I found a couple of the books on my Summer Reading List. Not content that they had reached my excitement quota...they surprised me with a trip to the local bookstore. More book bliss! YAY!
BUT WAIT! Then we headed to Target to do school supply shopping! If you don't already know this about me...I am such a sucker for school supplies! There is little that I love more than stocking a backpack and loading up my own personal work space with pens and markers and paperclips and cute notebooks. Seriously...if back to school happened more than once a year I think my heart would spontaneously explode and I would die..! And don't even get me started on how much I love the smell of brand new textbooks. I love to just crack them open and take a big whiff...right from the middle! I realize this makes me sound absurd and quite possibly a little disturbed...but, well, no sense in hiding the truth from all of you.
OH....AND we went to the Home Depot. Crickets I could spend all day in there. Today it was simply for major Mickey traps. I wanted..I tried...to be all humane about it...but these bastards are BIG. And I am having nightmares about cheese parties on my bed while I sleep. EEEKK! And since the biggest baddest dog in the house (who it turns out is nothing more than a ginormous pussy) is afraid of said Mickey...I'm not chancing it. Humane Schumane.
And as if that wasn't enough..we headed to the local "Green" Wally World for some groceries. A quick encounter with Game Stop and everyone comes home happy and completely fulfilled! And we beat the rain home...so I was able to curl up with a new book and listen to the storm. And take a nap. Oh...and the whiney puppies from this morning? Yeah still whiney...but they did get new toys today as well (a cute little brown cow named Bessie and a funny little pink pig named Hammy. These are intended to replace the lobster Butters that is missing a claw and a leg. And all his stuffing. But don't fret..they still fight over him. He's well loved! And the thought was that they would each have a new nemesis..but the little girl puppy just stole them both and hid them in her bed. Alas.)
SO...since I know you are dying to get a peek inside Bananas Bookshelf..here's what we are reading this week:

  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I believe that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie..so before I hit the theater I have to peruse the pages.
  • Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. Again I heard that the movie was wonderful..I haven't personally seen it..but I have been anxiously awaiting reading the book.
  • The Gospel According To Harry Potter by Connie Neal. Now we all know that I am Harry Fan Numero Uno..and I didn't even know about this book until I saw it today. I must admit that I am more than a little intrigued.
  • The History Of Love by Nicole Krauss. I really don't know anything about this book except that I heard that it would "change my life." Since my life could use some changes...I figured it couldn't hurt right?
  • Great House also by Nicole Krauss. I picked this one up only because it was on the shelf and it sounded interesting. I will keep you abreast of my opinion.
So there you have it!! A GREAT day in my little corner of the universe. Tomorrow is filled with making baby shower invitations, cleaning the kitchen, and finishing up some laundry. Hope that I can squeeze in some reading! Yeah...the dishes and laundry can totally wait.

XOX


No comments:

Post a Comment