Thursday, January 14, 2016

Three Startling Graces of God...

In my life, God shows himself daily. I am given small glimpses of grace and forgiveness and purpose...and sometimes I forget to notice these gifts as what they are. It is always a good idea to stop and take inventory of the little things...so as not to take them for granted on the way to bigger things.

I am constantly in awe of the way God provides for us. We have faced difficulties, to be sure. Through everything though, I am reminded that things will work out...that we will overcome...that we need only have patience and faith. We are blessed to live in our sweet home, a home full of memories and life and love. We struggle financially, but manage to always stay current on our bills and have enough to eat. Our mode of transportation recently became a little more unreliable, and we were covered by family. In these ways, God shows His grace.

I am amazed at the grace in my heart. Though it would be easier to hate, to harden, to neglect...I am shown how to forgive, to love, to grow. For many years I battled with this. I was unforgiving. I held on to hurts, even self inflicted ones. I was unable to let go of others' cruelty and mistreatment. I lived constantly feeling under attack and misunderstood. I struggled with comparisons, jealousy, want, and regret. But, by accepting Gods grace and forgiveness, I was able to offer grace and forgiveness to others. And to myself. I was able to recognize hurtful behaviors..in myself and in the people I love. I was able to let go of what I thought I wanted in favor of what I actually needed. And I was able to accept responsibility for hurts I have caused and ask for patience, forgiveness, and healing.

Mostly, I see startling grace in the everyday moments. When my husband makes me coffee in the morning. When I wake up holding his hand. When my daughter hugs me and tells me goodnight. When he drives me to doctors appointments, or to the grocery, or to the library. When my dogs snuggle me. When I'm doing dishes, or laundry, or homework. When life is mundane and normal and ordinary and extraordinary. In these moments, Gods grace is evident. In these moments.

The trick is in noticing YOUR moments. And being thankful for them.

Love, Blessings, & Peace.
XOX

1 comment:

  1. My Sweet... you are one of God's most generous gifts to me... I love you dearly...

    ReplyDelete