Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thoughts For Today...

Today I reflect and remember, as do many of you, the events of the past. I remember rocking my baby to sleep and crying as I prayed for my country. I wept as I tried to imagine the future my sweet child would face. How could I ever explain evil and hatred to her heart? Why would I want to?
So here I sit, 10 years later. Much has happened since that day...I have changed, my country has changed, the world has changed. We have learned the lessons...Peace is never achieved without struggle. Freedom is never attained without sacrifice. Faith is never acknowledged without suffering. I mourn for those lost. I hope for those left behind. And I pray for those that continue the fight.
Our country and our people will never be the same...I will never be the same. We may never forget.
But I hope that we may learn to forgive. For that is what makes us truly great. That is what makes us powerful. That is what keeps us united. And THAT is the only way that we may ever heal. We can continue to look backwards..we can continue to stand still...we can continue to mourn. Or we can look ahead...take a step of faith..and love. Love everyone. Love without fear. Love without conditions.
We stand together and we fall together. Let us choose to stand...taller, stronger, wiser. Better.
Remember. Reflect. Release. Repair. Renew. Recover. Rejoice.


May God bless who we were, who we are, and who we can become.

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment