Thursday, May 31, 2012

Butthurt...

Oh for the love of fuck. Let's take a moment today..not to focus on anything fun and entertaining..but to discuss MY BLOG.
Let's start with the rights afforded to me by the First Amendment (which I suppose you should know, since you are a career military wife). According to the government, I am free to think, speak, write, preach, delete, edit, and otherwise own anything I want. And so..again since this is MY BLOG...I WILL. That said, it is also YOUR RIGHT not to read it. And let's be honest...no one really invited you here anyway.
See all those fabulous people on the right hand side of this post? (Including my husband.) I can only assume that they manage to read this blog and not get all offended, and bunched up, and pissy, and whack. Granted, I don't write about them. Usually. Except for the husband. (Our handwritten wedding vows, written on a McDonalds cheeseburger wrapper on the way to the courthouse, include "I promise to love, honor, and blog about you.". For real!) I can also assume that if I DID write about them..and they didn't like something I had to say, that they would act like a fucking GROWN UP and speak with me directly about it. (As in..NOT addressing my HUSBAND...expecting him to defend you and your feelings.) You know what is so great about me? I OWN my thoughts and feelings. I am not in the least bit afraid to claim them. I will put my name and contact information on ANYTHING that I think, speak, or write. ALWAYS. You can take that to the bank. I am NOT afraid to face my feelings, nor am I afraid of speaking up for what I believe to be right and true. EVEN IF I AM WRONG. EVEN IF IT MIGHT PISS YOU OFF. Isn't freedom on the Internet GREAT?
I know that you are used to running him, and him, and them, and everyone else. I know that you think that you are intimidating. But not to me. And maybe, if my post upset you, it's because you just don't like to hear the truth. I am well aware that you "deleted" your Facebook. And if you have a new blog out there...I would be happy to read it and follow it. Not that I would know..because, unlike me, you prefer to write in secret. And that's fine.  It's your RIGHT to do so. But we BOTH know what I was POLITELY asking of you. Let's not pretend otherwise. And really? How much NICER could I have been? (Because, whether you believe this or not, I WANTED to be friends with you. And move on. And be nice. Because I genuinely care about you and your life. But now that it has bitten me in the ass...maybe you don't deserve that.)
So let's recap:

What I AM:
Mom
Wife
Writer
Friend
Honest
Loyal
Loved
Loving
Forgiving

What I AM NOT:
Scared
Intimidated
Whiney
Whimpy
Bitchy
Manipulative
COWARDLY

You want the bottom line, Honey? I absolutely expected a reaction. An adult reaction.

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO ME, ABOUT ME, OR AT ME....SAY IT. No need to get my poor, sweet husband involved.

And in case you needed something else to bitch about...I have plenty of other blog posts written about you.
ENJOY!

XOX

3 comments:

  1. Anna, I just want to say that I am profoundly sorry for calling your DH and complaining about your previous blog post. I should have come directly to you. That being said, please forgive me. I would love to be able to repair our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck you Lou!! Love Ya!!! <3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also like to lodge a complaint with this blog. You've apparently written about so many others that you are now getting "Fanmail" about the posts you've done on them. WHERE is my post???? I wanna call your husband and complain!!! You must not care about me. Yeah, that's it.

    ReplyDelete