Monday, November 26, 2012

Easie Peasie Lemon Squeezie..Black Friday 2012!

As most of you know, last year I braved the Black Friday Shopping Extravaganza with my bestest chum Louper. An adventure of EPIC and COSMIC proportions occurred. I had doubts that such a feat could ever be topped.....and stand firm in my belief that it was truly a once in a lifetime event. (For those that might require reminding...please pour a cup of coffee, relax, and read aloud here.)
I had HIGH HOPES for a repeat performance this year. Karma however did not. The odds were NOT ever in my favor for Louper Banana Crazy Ninja Night. Work issues made it impossible to leave on the date I needed to, my wedding anniversary fell on Thanksgiving this year (making it a little more challenging to ask to be away from the sweet Hubs...for shopping), money was wicked tight since now we are making an extra car payment each month we didn't really bargain for, and the freaking trains just don't understand my NEED to NOT want to be on a Greyhound bus for another 5 hours after riding on your train all night. SSSOOOOO.......looked like my trip to Virginia, to Louper, to Jennays house for Thanksgiving, to the money spending madness, to fame and glory and laughter and tears and bad coffee and bladder accidents---CANCELLED.

{Insert sad Banana} 

So, I consoled myself with too much Thanksgiving food, climbed miserably into my warmest comfiest most socially unacceptable pyjammies I could find....and crawled into bed. I turned on the TV, I relaxed with the Hubs and the Small, we laughed, we watched movies, and in general...we had an amazing time. I totally missed the bestest chum....and wondered what she was doing (smashing into people with carts?), where she was (Starbucks?), how many people she had killed (< 2 was my best guess), and if she was miserable (the answer better be yes.).
AND THEN....Louper calls me!!! "Heller. Banana! I have picked up the vast majority of items on your gift lists this year and a few more that I thought you SHOULD add. Because I am awesome and amazing. Go ahead and tell me so. I'm waiting. OK, you're in shock...you can tell me later. So glad we had this chat. Continue on. Love you."
OK...the conversation didn't go EXACTLY like that. Point is...MY BEST FRIEND ROCKS!!! And no one else can have her...because clearly I am unable to function or survive without her.
Long story short...my Holiday shopping is nearing completion...thanks to one super amazingly awesome bestie, some comfy jammies, the internet, the alignment of the stars, UPS, and my debit card.
And I never had to leave the house!
Easie Peasie Lemon Squeezie.

Startin' the Holidays off Happy!!!!

XOX

2 comments:

  1. Because I am the ONE, the ONLY, AMAZING LOU. Suck it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the only Lou for ME!!! Glad to have ya.....even if I barely recognize you the next time I see you. Even if your face melts off from all the evil that is seeping out of you daily. Even if you eat small children for breakfast...I will still love you! Cause YOU are the very best LOU in the history of YOULOU! <3

      Delete