Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bliss: Day 1.....

So far so good....I've been playing Betty Crocker Homemaker all week...actually I've been enjoying it very much. I've made some wonderful meals...getting ready to put a big ole pot of homemade potato soup on. Thinking of doing some baking even....nothing like a flour covered apron to soothe a weary soul. Found the box of Halloween decorations and will be working on the house tomorrow....
I recently took a "sabbatical" from work...health induced. I have really been feeling sorry for myself because our income has suffered, but today I am feeling different. I am enjoying being a stay at home mom again...I like being here when small gets home from school. I enjoy the smell of fresh baked goodies in the kitchen. I like walking the dog and feeding the cats and perusing the grocery aisles. I take my time, I slow down, I savor each moment. I am spending quality time alone with myself and my thoughts...I am learning how to relax.
I have been reading so much more lately too....right now, I am working on a stack of books on my bedside table. Expect book reviews to be forthcoming in future blogs.
I am also rediscovering my relationship with God. Now, I am not one of those preachy people...so I may never discuss it again...I believe what I believe, I believe that faith can be a private and personal affair...and mine is..but it is there, and it is real.....and I am better I think because of it. So I will follow my heart on this one.
This time has also allowed me to develop (no pun intended) my hearts passion...photography. While it is still merely a hobby of mine...I now have more time to devote to my art....and my eye is random. So I have already had my first "official" photo shoot (it went very well and the pictures were beautiful...more them than me!!)...and I am in discussions for a couple more. So Eos is up and running...let's hope it continues to bless my life and my heart.
Well....so much yet to do this evening....so I will close this chapter.
As always, thank you for traipsing along....God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment