Saturday, April 9, 2011

Glad That's Over...

I am just going to be honest here people.."Government Shutdown 2011" was growing tiresome. Now that isn't to say that I wasn't just a little bit worried. Because, let's face it, they are messing with my lifestyle. Yes, that was funny...but in all seriousness...I was concerned about paying our bills, and keeping food on the table, and him having a job to go to come Monday morning. Oh and I couldn't WAIT to get the email/phone call from her.."Yes, I know the Government halted funds..but where is my money?"
Now, I don't tend to put too much stock in anything that comes out of D.C....Hell, even the football team sucks. But shouldn't there be some kind of safeguard in place for things like this? I mean from everything I read it seems as if Congress continues to get paid no matter what? For what? For living in a plush penthouse and bossing people around? Meanwhile there are soldiers and sailors dying for the liberties that the Fat Cats abuse. And they want to punish them for the mistakes of our Government. And it isn't just the enlisted that suffer..it's the husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, and children of those military..those left at home to make ends meet on what little the Government gives them to live on. It is a disgrace. It's sad that these men and women..most of whom are proud to do what they do everyday...are disrespected by the very forces that require their service. Governments start wars...and ask the men and women in uniform to carry the torch for them...while they hide behind policies and politics.
Yes...the Military is a job. Yes...it's a chosen profession. One that they don't do to get rich. But we would never dream of asking doctors, or lawyers, or *gasp* movie stars to take a pay cut...or, worse yet,...wonder if they were even going to get paid. And I'm pretty sure that Brad Pitt doesn't spend 10 months a year away from his family living in a war zone. (but he does live with Angelina Jolie...a war zone all wrapped up in crazy..so while I am going to cut him some slack..his paycheck still has more zeros in it than ours. So fuck him.)
I am blessed to live here..I am a proud American...and I love God and Country. But I fear my Government. And if you aren't outraged...you aren't paying attention.
And all of that is just my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment