Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's the end of the world...(and I feel fine.)

(Sorry. I couldn't resist!) But on a serious note (who are we kidding? Not so serious..) so I am just hearing of the impending (yet again) doom of life as we know it. Now, I don't know what you believe...but whether it's God or Jesus or Heaven or Hell or Ozzy Osbourne ~ aren't you a tad sick of all the Chicken Little sky is falling mumbo jumbo? I know I am.
Do I think the world is going to end on May 21st or October 21st or any other 21st? Maybe. I doubt it. OK-no. It's not that I doubt, or don't know...it's that I don't care. Regardless, I think it's safe to assume I will be right here blogging on the 22nd.
I'm not afraid of death. Not because I'm a badass or anything ( I AM...but that's not where I am going with this...focus please)...I just learned and accepted long ago that there isn't any point in being afraid of shit you can't control. Death being numero uno. There are plenty of other things that I can scare myself shitless with...like flying, and clowns, and spiders. Or flying on a plane full of clowns covered in spiders. Insert full body shudder here.
I digress. It's also not that I'm not religious. I am. But I feel like if I'm right with whoever or whatever counts with me...that's all anyone can hope for. It's basically a crap shoot people. So all the crazy apocalypse freaks can pray for me if they want to..but I am going to drink. I mean really...it's not every day that I get to partay like it's the end of the world. Well....until the next end of the world. Or October. Or...whatever.
Not like I have anything to do the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment