Friday, May 13, 2011

Truce...

***An extra big thank you to Blogger for being all broken and junk last night. So both my blogs were down...and I spent another whole day updating them. Great use of my time Blogger...keep up the good work!*** (Back to your regularly scheduled blog...)

You win. I am done. Even on my best day...I cannot keep waging this battle with you. And why should I? It isn't even MY battle. I am exhausted, I am broken, and I have nothing more to give you. You have proven that you have the upper hand...you are a skillful liar, a devious manipulator, and a ruthless adversary. My empathy cannot compete with your apathy. My hospitality cannot match your hostility. My virtues cannot redeem your sins. My trust cannot restore your dishonesty. And my love cannot consume your contempt.

I am admitting defeat. I am going to breathe in and out, relax, clear my mind, pray, hug my child, and survive. I am going to find strength and redemption. I am going to renew my dreams and repair my heart. I am going to seize the day and let my spirit soar. I am going to release the hold that you have on my life. I am going to release YOU.

Take your victory. Move on with your life. Let it go. Follow your heart. Fight another war...another day. Surrender control and receive abundance. Make different choices..better choices. Find your happiness. In the end, all that really matters is what you leave behind. Don't let this be your legacy.


No comments:

Post a Comment