Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday, Monday...

Well, here we are at the beginning of the week. It's a relatively busy one..in comparison to most of my weeks. Thankfully. I could use some distractions.
It seems the temporary lapse in pain that I had yesterday was just that...temporary. Today I hurt. Per normal. So...I will most likely spend some time in bed, on the heating pad, with the puppies and the Kindle. Which is OK because I have some books to start on!
He is also fairly busy this week. Tons of appointments, and classes, and last minute things to get done. (Wishing we could be somewhere else this week...but sending all our thoughts and love.) Because today marks the beginning of our last full week in our current home. The movers arrive next week to begin the process of packing our past and relocating our future.
I must admit that I am a mixed bag of emotions. This has been our home since 2009. We have loved it here...and at times, hated it here. This home has seen heartbreak, reunions, celebrations, and tragedies. It has weathered all our storms and been a safe haven for our bodies and our hearts. It has harbored friends, family, puppies, stray cats, and a mischievous mouse. Here we have grown.  Here we have lived, and loved, and learned.  Here we became a FAMILY.
So while I am excited at all the possibility and wonder that await us in our new home...I am sad to leave behind the memories we have created here. Not all of them were good, or pleasant, or productive. But they were OURS. And they were real.
But change is good...right?
I am so gonna miss the beach though.

XOX


P.S. Big photo extravaganza expedition coming this weekend!!! Super excited to spend some time with some FABULOUS and AMAZING women and fill up on creative energy!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck in your journeys across the states! Though you aren't leaving "right this moment", the time is nearing quickly. Here's to the many memories (the good, the bad, and the ugly) that you leave behind and here's to many WONDERFUL new ones that you will create! Best of luck to all 3 of you! We will miss you at Graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I am super sad that you are moving away. I will miss you, my BFF of all time. I don't want to think about it, and I don't want to talk about it. However, I do hold the comfort of getting to see you often after the move, and getting to spend TONS of time with you prior to the move. (Can't wait for our Black Friday adventure!)

    I have told you before that I totally understand why you are going. I know the story behind it, however, it still sucks. I wish I could erase the bad. I really wish that circumstances were different, and life was easier.

    I will say this, and no more sappy business...I will miss you, the Man, Small, ZeeZee and LuLuBelle. I see many, many long phone calls and road-trips on both our parts.

    Sorry you can't be where you are wanting to be this week. Maybe things will work out in your favor next time.

    I love you my Bestie of all Besties. I can't WAIT for our photo extravaganza this weekend! Crazy, outstanding, amazing, oodles of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lou..you make me sad. I am not even close to leaving you. (Like I really could!) Don't think of it as me moving away...think of it as us having a HUGE excuse for adventures! Love you oodles!
    @P&P..Thank you so much for your kind comment! It will certainly be an interesting transition..glad that you are there to talk me through it!

    ReplyDelete