Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our Bucket Full Of Summer...

***HEY! I know I TOTALLY told you that last nights post was my last for awhile...but turns out that I begged pleaded conned convinced the movers to generously pack my computer last. So trying to squeak a little more out. THIS might really be it...typing fast.***

The Summer Bucket List thing seems to be going around. I think it's an amazing idea...and have read a couple blogs that have inspired me. So...I asked around....and was told that, with full blessings and pardon, I TOO should create a list for my little bitty fun family.
Not that the timing of this is fantastic or anything. Our lives couldn't BE any crazy busier. But I love a challenge. So here goes nothing:
(I suppose that this list may be evolving and changing. Be prepared...and patient. #Newbies)


Make something beachy that will remind us of home.
Make homemade lemonade-and sell it from a stand.
Go on picnics.
Make homemade ice cream.
Find and buy the perfect house for us.
Enter the Summer reading contest at the library.
Create canvas art for studio space.
Make bottle cap wind chimes.
Paint the Dining Room table and Buffet. 
Mod Podge top of bistro table.
Chalk the sidewalk.
Make sponge bombs. Play backyard War.
Fly kites.
Go on a 'Date With Dad'.
Lie on backs and look for shapes in clouds.
Go to Connor Prairie.
See a symphony on the lawn.
Go on bike rides. Conquer the bike trail.
Spend a whole day in PJ's playing board games.
Make a Summer Smash Journal together. 
Take photo outings. Complete Portfolio.
Make wreathes and welcome mats.
Make homemade laundry soap and fabric softener.
Make friendship bracelets.
Tie Dye stuff.
Make custom Cornhole boards and bags.
Create stuff for Smalls new bed & bath.
Go to a baseball game.
Go to auctions.
Send letters to soldiers and sailors overseas.
Lay on a quilt and stargaze.
Go to a drive-in movie.
Make garden items-bird bath, rain barrel, patio furniture.
Make bead sun catchers.
Spend one day doing random acts of kindness.
Go to Farmers Market. Buy that nights dinner. 
Plan a garden of our own.
Pick our own Strawberries.
 Make Strawberry Freezer Jam.
Create Family Binder.
Go to a water park.
Make homemade banana splits.
See how Krispy Kremes are made.
Go on a Dolphin Cruise.




SHEW! Tired just thinking about all that stuff. But wicked excited about memories made with my family and friends. Just loving the summer....and trying to survive it!!
Will keep you flush with pictures! Stay Tuned!

XOX

3 comments:

  1. You DID IT! You created your Summer Bucket List! Super proud friend right now (even if you stole some from mine - lol) Hope you are able to thoroughly enjoy even though you will be moving. Sorry that we aren't going to be able to spend any time together before you move, but know that I'll be thinking of you on my outings and photo ops. XoX <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Excited about doing a lot of these things with you! Can't wait to get started. Road Trip #2 plans are under way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I fear that I might have overextended a bit..the move will, unfortunately, consume us for awhile. But I am hoping to set aside some fun time with all of the fun people I love.....
    Summertime...and the livin' SHOULD be easy!
    Anyway...thanks for stoppin' in for a chat. Good to know you guys got my back! (totally stealing the laptop..so that I can blog. A girls gotta have priorities...right? Right! XOX.

    ReplyDelete