Sunday, June 3, 2012

Reading List...

I am having a very relaxing, lazy, comfortable, happy Sunday at home today. I am relishing a temporary lapse in pain, a permanently (I hope!) lighter heart, and summery sunshine through the windows. Husband has been curled up with his Kindle...and I am thinking of joining him. So many books on my list..hoping that the only difficulty of the day is deciding which one to read first!

*Divergent  by Veronica Roth
         Super excited to start this trilogy. I have the first two books ready to go. Just waiting on the third! I have been told that they are very similar in reading to the Huger Games Trilogy (which I devoured in 3 days!)..so I am hoping to transition right into these.

*Witch and Wizard by James Patterson
        I love James Patterson. And Harry Potter. So, when I heard that this series was similar..yeah I am totally on board with that!! Weird how my reading preferences are so..well...teenage girl nowadays. (Excluding of course the Shades of Grey debacle..you can find that review here ) I suppose it's just that I am so particular about what I read...it takes alot to hold my interest. And if I find something I like...I pretty much just stick with it.

*The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
        I have had this trilogy on my list for awhile. I don't know why I keep putting it off. Funny story...I found the original movies on Netflix..in Scandinavian..with subtitles! And because I have Norwegian blood racing through my veins, and because I LOVE a good foreign film, I watched it. For about 15 minutes. And then my head hurt from all the reading and trying to follow. French romance movies good. Norwegian action movies bad. OK?! So..hoping that I can read the books...without getting a migraine!

*Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
        Well, lookie there. A book that doesn't have brothers and sisters! Seriously though, this book (the actual hardback, page turning, printed on paper version) has been staring at me from a stack on my desk for..I don't know..MONTHS. Seems like I could have just picked it up and read it right? NOPE...evidently I wanted to wait until I had it on my Kindle. And don't ask me why I have now BOUGHT the book twice..I'm weird like that.


OK...I actually have a shit ton more books on the Kindle...but let's just start with these. I mean I can only read like 4 at a time anyway!! (I'm totally kidding about that...my brain is so jumbled I have a hard time keeping REAL LIFE straight. Let alone more than one fictional plot!) And that gets increasingly more difficult when I have to read them in ORDER!!
So..off I go. Expect my ever witty, randomly humorous, not at all professional, but nonetheless entertaining book reviews in upcoming (as yet undetermined when) posts!
Happy Reading, Readers!

XOX

2 comments:

  1. I would like to hear the reviews of all of these please. As discussed last night on the phone. Reading is super difficult for me with the children I have. So, that being said, fill me in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, Lou! You know I will have something to say!!!

    ReplyDelete