Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's all in the wording....

I have words and I know how to use them. Good words. Funny words. Swear words....I have alot of those. All those words just floating around in my grey matter...and I stumble with "but..but...but...ummm." Really?
Way off track...so sorry. I actually intended to title this post 'Delight'....my brain just couldn't quite keep up this evening. Let's get going on the correct train of thought shall we? Please?
I have learned alot recently. One of the great payoffs to this "journey toward contentment" is that I have started to recognize peace and comfort in small joys. Little things have begun to mean alot to me. Joyful simplicity nourishes my body and soul by engaging my senses. I am discovering how to live in the present moment.
We all have days in our lives that are marked by great moments of rejoicing and celebration: we marry, the baby is born, the promotion goes through. But life is not an endless round of cake and champagne. There's alot of drudgery to most of our days: dry cleaning to pick up, garbage to put out, bills to pay. To keep my daily grind from being all grind, I have learned to savor the art of the small delights that bring me peace and pleasure.
As I gather these things together I am also learning how to restore my sense of rhythm. Small is not the only one who requires regular bedtime, mealtime and quiet time. I need it too. I am reminded of the steady, reassuring rhythm of the natural world-the ebb and flow of the tides, the recurring cycle of the four seasons, the monthly phases of the moon, and the daily progression from day into night. Rhythm needs to be the cornerstone of my personal world. While everyone leads a busy, frantic, frazzled life...I need to learn where to draw the line and say no.
It seems as if...knowing what brings me peace presents easily. My heart will always tell me what's working and what isn't. I need to start treating my life like a work in progress. Works in progress are never perfect. But changes can be made to the rough draft. Another color can be added to the canvas. The imperfections can be edited. Art evolves. So does life. Art is never stagnant. Neither is life. I am creating not only more peace within my heart...but a more peaceful life for my heart to endure.

...Psalm 101:2 I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart.

Tonight I pray for restorative rhythm. I pray for the integrity of my heart. I pray for the peace of simple pleasures. I pray for blessings. I pray for release. I pray for healing. I pray for the people I love and cherish. And I pray for her.
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment