Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog.....

OK...so Valentines Day is over. So what? What's the harm in sharing the love for a few more days? Why the hell not...right? This blog is dedicated to those wiser than me....Enjoy!

"I do not want a husband who honors me as a queen, if he does not love me as a woman." Queen Elizabeth I (said to the French Ambassador who urged her to marry into French royalty. She remained single and died with no heirs to the throne. True story.)
The moment we choose to love we begin to move against domination, against oppression. The moment we choose to love we begin to move towards freedom, to act in ways that liberate ourselves and others. That action is the testimony of love as the practice of freedom. Bell Hooks
A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. Thomas Carlyle
All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time. Julie Andrews
All you need is love.  John Lennon and Paul McCartney
All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Leo Tolstoy
Do all things with love. Og Mandino
Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me? Oscar Hammerstein II (Cinderella)
Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love. Albert Einstein
Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell. Joan Crawford
Love is being stupid together. Paul Valery
Love is the same as like except you feel sexier. Judith Viorst
Some people care too much. I think it's called love. Winnie the Pooh
It's useless to hold a person to anything he says while he's in love, drunk, or running for office. Shirley MacLaine
The Eskimos had fifty two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love. Margaret Atwood
You really shouldn't say "I love you" unless you mean it. But if you mean it you should say it a lot. People forget. Attributed to 8 year old Jessica
What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork. Pearl Bailey
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. Author Unknown
Being loved gives you strength. Loving someone gives you courage. Lao Tzu
Falling in love is so hard on the knees. Aerosmith
Love hurts. Nazareth (funny...I just heard that song the other day.)

A little history, a touch of seriousness and a scoach of humor. Always enlightening and entertaining...this little blog of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment