Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grace...

As we move from February to March, I want to begin by asking for just one day's portion of grace to guide me. I usually do this every morning before facing my day....I stumbled upon the following prayer some time ago...
"Oh, God, give me grace for this day.
Not for a lifetime, nor for next week, nor for tomorrow, just for this day.
Direct my thoughts and bless them,
Direct my work and bless it.
Direct the things I say and give them blessing, too.
Direct and bless everything that I think and speak and do.
So that for this one day, just this one day, I have the gift of grace that comes from your presence."
(Marjorie Holmes)
Now, let me share something I have discovered about grace. In my lifetime, I have been on my knees many times. Gratefully, most of my prayers have been answered as I had hoped. Some were not, or at least not like I expected them to be. Others were delayed until I thought my heart would explode and break. Still others were completely denied. But never have I asked for just one day of grace and not received it. The lesson is knowing that there will be plenty of grace tomorrow too.
So, March has arrived. The last hurrah of winter and the first whisper of spring is in the air. Slowly, my spirit is reawakening, along with the natural world outside, from a long (too long) winter's rest. Branches that just days ago were bare, are now blossoming with new growth. Deep within I feel stirrings of new hope and new dreams. This month I am working on defining, discovering, and distributing serenity. Should be an interesting concept.

...Ephesians 2:8-10 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Tonight I pray for continued grace...whether just for today or tomorrow. I pray for lessons. I pray that I may continue to serve, to understand, and to endure. I pray that I may find healing and comfort in the days ahead. I pray for warmer weather, sunshine, blue skies, and birds singing. I pray for my heart and the hearts of those I love.
Oh...and dear readers...the next few days will be interesting blogging. Stay tuned for that.
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment