Monday, March 21, 2011

Just checking in...

I know that it has been a few days....I am sorry. It has been crazy busy. Spent the last weekend shopping and celebrating a friends milestone birthday. Now we are busy preparing the house for guests! So...I spent 5 hours today cleaning Smalls room (the one she has been "cleaning" all week.)...and let me just tell you...that girl can hoard some shit with the best of them! How does one little tiny sweet girl accumulate so much useless crap? And it was shoved everywhere...yes your room looks better...because you hid all the shit under your bed and behind your dresser and in the drawers. Really? So I threw shit away...lots and lots of shit. And I moved the furniture..twice. And I cleaned the carpets. And I expected full on ape shit when she got home from school...notta. I got a..."Hmmm...I think I like the room this way." What way? Clean? I should hope so...maybe we can try keeping it that way? I give it a week. Tops. For serious.
Let's see....what else did I do? I put away a shit ton of laundry. I organized my closet. I cleaned the dining room. I made all the beds. I petted the puppy. I fixed lunch (don't get all excited...sandwiches.) I created a bed for the kittens. I checked homework. I caught up on my readings. I made a few lists. I thought about doing some other things. I changed my mind.
I even cleaned both bathrooms...I H.A.T.E. cleaning bathrooms. I would rather rip off my arms and soak in a tub of rubbing alcohol. I would rather drink drain cleaner. Hell...I would rather clean my kids sty. OK..all a little extreme..a little. Maybe. But I sucked it up....and cleaned them. And they look fabulous...so fabulous that no one is allowed to piss until the company leaves. Harsh? Not even a little.
Looks like tomorrows to do list consists of deck cleaning, windows, and floor mopping. I am sure that I don't get paid enough for this...do you think if I change my name to Cinderella I can run off with the handsome prince? (I'm pretty sure he already has a maid.) Just wondering.
I am wistfully looking at my bed...I think it misses me. We haven't had much quality time together lately....and since I am too exhausted to share anything wise...or possibly even coherent...I am going to allow the mattress this victory.
So Goodnight and God bless...and see you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment