Sunday, January 23, 2011

Acceptance...

Because my head is pounding out some kind of ancient tribal warrior drum march, this blog post will be severly lacking in witty reparte....maybe tomorrow. I will manage to translate the small amount of thought that I have brewing in between painful synapses. This will be a doozy of a read....my sincere apologies in advance.
As I am on a journey of acceptance and blessing, I feel it only right to focus on what exactly acceptance means. So what is acceptance? I have come to find that it is surrendering to what is: my circumstances, my feelings, my problems, my financial status, my work, my play, my health, my relationships with other people, the delay and the fulfillment of my dreams. Before I can change anything in my life I have to recognize that that this is the way it's meant to be right now. For me, acceptance has become my closed eyes in prayer, the quiet of my tears, and the moments of joy I discover daily. It's an "all right"...as in "all right, You lead and I will follow." And it's "all right"...as in "everything is going to turn out all right." This, I believe, is simply part of my journey.
It seems as if I have learned another very valuable lesson. I have discovered that much of my struggle to be content...despite outside circumstances...has happened when I stubbornly resisted what was actually presently happening in my life. I have learned that when I surrender to the reality of a particular situation..whatever it us...(meaning when I don't continue to resist but accept) a softening occurs with my soul. Suddenly I am able to open up and recieve all the goodness and abundance available to me because acceptance brings with it so much release and peace.
So what happens when we actually accept our circumstances? The good and the bad? First of all we relax. Next we change our vibration..our energy pattern..the rate of our heartbeat. We welcome Karma. Finally, reality is illuminated so that we are better able to see the path before us.
Whatever situation exists in our lives right now, we must accept it. Cast a glance around and acknowledge what's going on. This is my kitchen with the floor that needs mopped. This is how much I weigh. This is my checking account balance. This is not my battle. This is what is really happening in my life at the present moment. This is OK. This is real life. Tomorrow will be different. Today, I must let go of the struggle. I must allow the healing process of change to begin. I am ready to move on...move forward...move ahead.

...Joshua 24:15 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Tonight I am praying for acceptance. I am trusting Him to lead me toward illumination, and believing that I will know the path when it is appeared to me. I am praying for relief...from the pain, from the suffering, and from the anger. I am praying for safety and security for those close to me. I am praying for her.
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment