Saturday, January 8, 2011

Quarantine.....

Danger danger at my house...flu bug outbreak!!! He has it and I am avoiding it. At all costs. And while I feel really bad for him....seriously..it's the LAST thing that I need right now. In my current state..it would take me weeks to fight that thing off. No thank you...you keep it.
I had a lovely outing today with a dear friend. Sephora ( I bought nothing...I know right? I don't know what happened...), clothes, a lovely lunch with Chocolatinis and cheesecake. Oh and then a stop to pick up coffee...very important. Still didn't get those cute snow boots I am hunting...maybe some online shopping in my future.? You know, just in case it snows...again...here. I don't wish for that...but any excuse to buy cute boots...I mean, I have priorities here people.
So, all in all a good day. Tomorrows mission: house restore. Tree take down, furniture rearrange, box storage. And some cleaning...lots and lots of cleaning. Laundry, dishes, floors...you name it..I am cleaning it. Hopefully...if my old pal Kidney Stone cooperates.
Comparatively speaking, tonights blog will be a smidgen shorter...been a busy day and I am exhausted. A good nights sleep would be wonderful...not that I think that will actually happen...but....
Let's move right in to my reading excerpt...'Daphne du Maurier wrote "happiness is not a possession to be prized. It is a quality of thought, a state of mind." Happiness is a living emotion. Your happiness is not a frivolous, expendable luxury. Ultimately, genuine happiness can only be realized once we commit to making it a personal priority in our lives. This may be new behavior for some of us and a bit intimidating. Be gentle with yourself. It will all unfold. Today you may not be familiar with the happiness habit. But like any new behavior, happiness can be learned.'
Haven't I been saying all along that I am trying to learn happiness. Yes, I thought I mentioned that a time or two. Just thought it beared repeating. You know...for the doubters out there. (oh yes, I know you are there...you know who you are) I can do this...I can be happy. I can be gentle(r) with myself and wait for it to unfold. I won't like it...but I can do it.

...John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Tonight I focus on peace in my heart. I am praying for restored health, renewed spirit, and blessings received. I am praying that He keeps us in His sight. I am praying for wisdom, guidance, and courage. I am praying for those I love. And, as always, I am praying for her....
Be gentle with yourself. (Borrowed from my reading...but thinking about adding it as my sign-off...thoughts please.)
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment