Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Scarcity.....

Sometimes you read something and it touches a nerve. You not only read the words, but you feel them...deep in your soul. Most people would call this an "A Ha" moment...me? I shout AMEN!!! Because there it was...tonight..in black and white...right in front of me.
Most of you know I am reading several books every night. They serve various purposes...enlightenment, easement, edification, entertainment. (lots of big words tonight..google that shit!)...tonight's reading hit me hard because it focuses on something that we all struggle with. It is one thing to stress about health, or relationships, or children. But universally we all worry about the same thing...money. I have even blogged in the past about learning to scale down, to accept our financial reality, to find comfort in smaller portions. I explained then...due to health concerns I took a leave of absence from my job. While I don't regret that decision..I know that it has created extra burden in our household...going from two (rather substantial) incomes to one is difficult. Let me clarify something...he is an excellent provider. Our bills are paid, we have food on our table..and while we do not reside on easy street, we are blessed nonetheless. Let me also say that he has been more than supportive of my stay at home momness..in fact, I almost think he enjoys it (or maybe he just likes my cooking!).
But I digress (a little)...we all worry about money. Some of us have it...and some of us don't. More the latter. And, let's face it, some of us are greedy about it. We want more of it, we feel entitled to it, we want what we feel we are owed.  (I don't condone any of these feelings...). We must learn to accept the blessings we receive..whatever their form or function. And, just maybe, we will realize that true wealth comes from loving and being loved in return....true riches are found in the arms of our children....and that a sizable bank account is no match to the size of our hearts.
'When you are worried about your health or the health of a loved one, your concentration focuses like a laser. Suddenly there is a clarity about all of life because you realize what is important. Living is important. But worries about money mock you. When you are worried about money you dread the days and you agonize at night. You cease to live, and merely exist. If you are worried about money today, take heart. You have the power to change your lifestyle and move from a feeling of lack and deprivation to a feeling of abundance and fulfillment. Money ebbs and flows in our lives. What should remain constant is our realization that abundance is our spiritual birthright. The simpler we make out lives, the more abundant they become. There is no scarcity except in our souls.'


...1 Timothy 6:9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.

Tonight I pray for the release of greed and envy. I pray that I may trust that He will provide. I pray that I continue to find comfort in all that I have, all that I know, and all that I accept. I pray for those that I love. And I pray for her.
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment