Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year...New Blog...

If you follow me on Facebook you will know that I ended the year of 2010 with a rant. Just for the record, I am not sorry about anything I said. Hopefully you read it so that this blog entry will make sense to you. I have spent the majority of the last year pissed off. It has been detrimental to my health, my relationships, my day to day existence. I will accept the responsibility for the anger that I held on to...but the cause of the anger is well documented. And well deserved. But it is time to let all that go. I can't change the past. I have to accept the selfishness, the stupidity, the cruelness of others. For they are people..and people are..well...selfish, stupid, and, at times, cruel. Myself included.
So I have decided that rather than make "resolutions", which I will undoubtedly not keep...I am focusing on this blog. And confined within these parameters, you will find a different record of events. Sure there will be days where I am off a little, where my humor will prevail, where anger or frustration will seep in. But I am convinced that making myself accountable for my emotions will lead to healing. So...lucky you...you get to endure alongside me. That said, you will find here my normal blogging...activities of the day, things that made me laugh, questions I am pondering...and the like. One of the changes will be that I am adding a daily Scripture reading....I am not offering you my faith.....I am offering you a glimpse into what I am reading. There will be other readings, other lessons, other offerings...I hope.
I am reading a book right now...in and of itself not remarkable I know...but today's passage reads as follows: "Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves," the German poet Rainer Maria Rilke urges us. "Do not now seek the answers which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them and the point is to live everything. Live the questions now..." The answers to your questions will come, but only after you know which ones are worth asking. Wait. Live your questions. Then ask. Become open to the changes that the answers will inevitably bring. This may take some time, but time is the New Years bountiful blessing: three hundred sixty-five bright mornings and starlit evenings; fifty-two promising weeks; twelve trans formative months full of beautiful possibilities; and four splendid seasons....
And to that I say Amen. Fitting that I should share that here huh?
I am off now to bake with Small....we have a cookie plan that must be conquered. My blessing today is the time with my daughter that has renewed my soul and restored my spirit. I am thankful....and those cookies will make a great bedtime snack.
......Genesis Chapter 1: In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth.

Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment