Monday, January 10, 2011

The two rooms...

In my reading this evening, it is discussed that the heart has two rooms...the Appreciation Room and the Depreciation Room. It is said that through the course of our lives and loves that we visit both rooms...and that, unfortunately, we tend to spend more time in the negative room. The Appreciation Room is filled with all the things we love about others, all the kindnesses we have been shown, all the wonderful things that we have discovered. The walls of the Depreciation Room are filled with things that bother and irritate us. Frustrations, hurt feelings, and the disappointment of unmet expectations. Emotional injuries fester here....ammunition is stored here for future hurts....people fall out of love here and relationships are ruined here.
The trick is in learning that love knows that the Depreciation Room exists. Love chooses not to live there. Love chooses to believe the best about people. It gives them the benefit of the doubt. It celebrates success and defies failure. It allows victory and compensates for sin. Love should be the compass we follow...should be the lessons we keep. But, how do we get there? I want to reign in the negative and focus on the positives. I want to give others the benefit of the doubt. I want to learn to lead my heart to truly love others.
No, that isn't really right. I DO love others...I love fiercely, and passionately, and honestly. But, I want to know how to love those who don't deserve love..who don't want love...who don't appreciate love. I want to know how to let go of the reasons I am withholding love. I suppose that is part of the process...learning to listen to my inner voice, to understand the complexities of my heart, and support the knowledge that I obtain on the journey. I suppose that I need to let love in...in order to share it with others. ( I think that I touched on this in a past blog...)
So..which room are YOU choosing to dwell in? I already know my answer.

...1 Corinthians 13:7 Love believes all things and hopes all things.

My prayer list tonight is simple. I am praying for love. Love to give and love to receive. I am praying that the love I know and share remains steadfast..and I am praying that others experience this same love. And I am praying not only for my heart...but for hers as well. Love can heal many hurts...even those that it has caused. We must continue to keep the faith.
Goodnight and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. My Dear Sweet One....You continue to amaze me with your posts, and with your person...You inspire me! :) Thank you....Love you and miss you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU...I don't know about the whole inspiration part...I am just trying not to be a bitch! I love you and miss you too...so much more than you know. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete