Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stop waiting....

Shew. Headache finally moved along, got a few things done today that I have been neglecting, feeling much better. Thanks for asking. It was a rough couple of days...those headaches are nasty...especially when they last more than a few hours. And now everything is back to normal....what? Normal? Sorry...maybe not.
I "borrowed" the following from a blog that I frequently read...320 Sycamore. She is funny and smart and uber crafty...I always learn something. She had this quote on her blog last night and it resonated with yesterdays blog post here. "This quote is for all those who are dealing: an illness, a heartbreak, a financial burden, a lack of sleep...who would give anything for a normal day...scrubbing the toilets, puttering around the house, folding laundry, washing dishes, running kids around, making dinner...'Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.' (Mary Jean Iron)" Thank you for letting me share. Now on to our lesson for today. And sit up straight!
Up until now, I have secretly (read secretly, not necessarily quietly) believed that I had to wait until things calmed down a bit before I could start to get my act together. Tomorrow I will begin. Tomorrow I will treat myself better. Tomorrow I will take the time to enjoy myself. Tomorrow when everything calms down. This I can report directly from the front lines: life never calms down long enough for us to wait until tomorrow to start living the lives we deserve. Life is always movement, always change, always unforeseen circumstances. There will always be something trying to grab my attention: the phone, the child, the car breaking down, the dog, the check that never arrives in the mail. Let me just, right now, acknowledge that as far as real life is concerned, I am only one small step away from dealing with dysfunction. Daily.
So what am I going to do about it? I can stop waiting for life to become perfect (HA!) and start working with what I have to make it as satisfying as I can. I can accept, bless, give thanks, and get going. Today, I can begin to call forth the riches from my everyday life. Today I can move from lack to abundance. Procrastination has robbed me of too many precious opportunities. I can call my bestie for lunch, begin to read (or maybe even write) that novel, organize my desk, try a new recipe for dinner, smile at everyone I meet, find a great spot for random photo ops, sit and daydream, act as if I am grateful to be alive. I can scatter joy. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. And that first step is always the most difficult. But life begets life.

...Psalm 119:30 I have chosen the faithful way.

Lord, please help me to stop waiting for a better day and start making the day better. Please comfort those in pain, counsel those in need, and carry those who fall. Please continue to bless those that I love with abundance and strength. And please calm the trouble and the hurt that she carries...
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment