Monday, June 10, 2013

Crushing..

OK, admittedly today is gonna get a little weird and embarrassing for me. Many of you know me...so it will come as no great shock to you that as a small child I possessed a very active imagination. I created great scenarios in my head...and because my mother was very accommodating to my creativity, she just allowed me to do my thing. because really, what was the harm? Besides...now she has some super funny embarrassing blackmail inducing stories to tell my husband and my kid. I could take some pointers from my mom.
SO......

First Celebrity Crush:

Here's where the story begins. We lived in a housing development on the fringes of town. I was young...probably first grade or so. And while my school was fairly close to my house, there was a pretty big road that ran nearby. (I am going off of memory here people...so this could be completely made up.). My mom would drive me to school..because of said road. Now...back in the 1970's (when I was born) there was a TV show on called Emergency!....Google that shit on your own time. I evidently found a re-run of it once and was completely obsessed. I doubt if it was appropriate for me at that age...I also doubt that I understood it at all. What I DO know, is that I was IN LOVE with a Paramedic (this explains a ton of really bad adult decisions later on in life...but that's another blog.). So much so that...and here's where it gets weird and stalkery....there was this house by my elementary school that had a tire swing in the backyard. We would drive by it...twice a day..at least. I was convinced that my "boyfriend" Johnny lived in that house because he put that swing there for when I came over to see him. Never mind how completely GROSS it is that I was a child and he was clearly an adult....I obviously did not see our relationship that way. We were in love. My first celebrity crush....Johnny Gage. (AKA Randolph Mantooth.) Even his name was cool. Don't judge...I was a little kid.

When I was old enough to know better...or maybe because we moved away from Johnny and his perverted evil pedophile ways...I learned about John Travolta. (I have a thing for Johns maybe?) Oh Danny Zuko....SIGH. I WAS Sandy in High School. For real. I wanted a bad boy rebel. Without tarnishing my squeaky clean good girl image. ANYWHO.....I have loved John Travolta for years. Loved him in Saturday Night Fever. Loved him in Grease. Loved him in Urban Cowboy. Loved him in Pulp Fiction...still one of my favorite movies ever (surprising isn't it?). Loved him in Get Shorty...but hated the movie. LOVED him in Michael...watch it...cry. LOVED him in Phenomenon...one of the greatest movies I have ever watched. Loved him in Broken Arrow. The list goes on and on. Fun fact....as I was researching this post...John appeared on an episode of Emergency!. Worlds collide! I wish he wasn't on the crazy wagon right now, that he would buck up and get his shit together....but whatever. That's why it's called a FANTASY crush...right?

Bottom line....there are a TON of actor men, music men, book men...that I get weak in the knees for. Christian Bale (Oh Sweet Baby Jesus His Jawline), Zachary Quinto (gay...so sad.), Eric Church (my future ex husband), Shemar Moore (Good Lawd...have you SEEN his abs?), Gerard Butler (he's got that crooked smile and a five o'clock shadow). Basically I like a scruffy face and a wicked smile. But, at the end of the day..I'm perfectly content to curl up in the safety of my husbands arms and dream of a clean house with no laundry or dishes. Now THAT'S a fantasy.

See ya on the flip flop side!

XOX!!

1 comment:

  1. My first comment miss Anna banana is...I don't think that active imagination stopped when you were little. :) One of the many reasons we love you. The rest of the post completely made my day and had me cracking up as always! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete