Sunday, June 16, 2013

Working For A Living..

I'm blogging a little bit later this evening. For a number of reasons...it's Father's Day and we have spent a lovely day being together and showing love...we went to an impromptu get together at my uncles house and visited with aunts, uncles and cousins...and quite honestly, I'm plain stumped at what to write for tonight's challenge.

Dream Job:

There are a ton of things I'd love to do. I'd love to be a professional book reader. I'd love to be a restaurant food critic. I'd love to open a vineyard. I'd KILL to own a quaint little Bed and Breakfast somewhere. I'd cut off my left ear to be the personal assistant for Christian Louboutin.
I actually DO have lofty aspirations...
I'd love to be a travel photographer. I want to travel the globe and take photographs of beautiful sights, gorgeous people, and stunning sunsets over crystal clear beaches.  I want to see ancient cities and volcanic rock. I want to walk, nameless and faceless, among other nameless faceless people....simply enjoying the journey...and trying like Hell to capture it all on film. I want for future generations to live through my work...to feel like they have held a moment in their hearts and souls.
I'd love to be a writer. Blogging aside...I'd love to be greater than cyberspace. Let's just leave it at that. For NOW.

But I realize that I am actually doing my dream job each and every day. I am her mom. I am raising a confident, smart, loving, amazing little human being. I am nurturing her needs. I am keeping her confidences. I am guiding her paths. I am kissing her boo-boos, mending her broken wings, and readying her for flight. I am preparing her for the world...and preparing the world for her.
And I am his wife. I am holding his hand. I am steadying his course. I am calming his seas. I am anchoring his heart. I am creating his future. I am protecting his past. I am walking...aging...growing with him. I am giving him trust, and faith, and hope, and purpose.
And I shower them both with mass amounts of crazy love. And I do it willingly. I work really hard at both...but it is the most rewarding, and worthwhile, and amazing job I have ever done.

I LIVE the dream. And not everyone can say that. So I'll keep that travel photography brochure in my back pocket. And I'll keep writing, and blogging, and editing....and searching for a publisher.
But at the end of the day...if THIS is what I have accomplished.....I'd say I've been totally successful.

See ya on the flip flop side!



XOX!!

No comments:

Post a Comment