Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pride..

Wow. Today is a toughie. I have had a ton of moments I am proud of. Moments where I accomplished something great, did what was hard, succeeded where I thought I would fail, walked away from difficulties, or stood up for myself or others. Moments that I made a difference, made things right, made an impact. Moments that changed my world and the world around me.
Life is full of moments.
Some moments haven't always been my proudest. I've made my share of bad decisions...done some ridiculous things....done things I regret. But I've lived to tell about it....and I suppose that alone should make me proud.
And it does...but I've done something greater than that.

Most Proud Moment:

Without a doubt, this is my daughter. She is the greatest thing I have ever done. She is the best part of me. She is the gift I give the universe...and she will do amazing things in it. Her accomplishments are already great...far greater than mine will ever hope to be. She is beautiful, amazing, random, weird, quirky, smart, brave, fearless, giving, powerful, headstrong, and tempest. She is uncertain...and yet, she offers me certainty every day. She is wild...and yet, she has tamed the overgrown places of my heart. She is headed for flight...and yet, she keeps me firmly grounded. She is loving..and she teaches me more about love, and forgiveness, than anything I could hope to learn on my own. She will change the world....she has changed mine. Everything that she does, everything that she dreams, everything that she IS....makes me proud.

I am also infinitely proud of my marriage. We walked a rough road to get where we are....we battled heartbreak, insecurities, infidelities, separation, doubt. We aren't perfect..we don't try, or claim, to be. We struggle...every day. But we are blessed with an obscene amount of love. And crazy trust. And we've worked really, really, really, crazy hard to get here. There were people who said we couldn't do it...who said we shouldn't do it...people who tried at every turn to prevent us from being together. People who worked very hard to ruin our relationship and poison our lives. But here we are....together. Sure, we don't get rainbows and sunshine every morning. Sometimes our seas are stormy. There is never enough...time, money, room. But we work....because we want it, because it's important, because we are greater together than we ever were apart. Because our family is fierce. Because some things are bigger than ego and pride.....
Whatever else there is....we have love. Lots and lots and lots of crazy love for each other. And WE make me proud.


That's it. I hope that you, my very dear and loyal readers, have enjoyed these daily posts. I was reluctant and hesitant to do this blog challenge. Life is so crazy busy and sometimes it's a struggle to find the time...not to mention quieting my brain and my family enough to focus. But I have found that in writing these posts I have learned a lot about myself, I have enjoyed my quiet and personal time, and it has really been healing for me. Sometimes exactly what you need is the one thing you struggle with the most.
So thanks for making my blog a priority in your day. I'll continue to make it one in mine.

See ya on the flip flop side!


XOX!!


No comments:

Post a Comment