Saturday, June 15, 2013

What I Do..

This should be interesting. A play by play on exactly how boring and pathetic my existence really is. And..it falls on a Saturday, which happens to be a BUSIER day at least...but still basically pathetic and boring. And until I wrote it all down in preparation for this blog, I had no idea how much so. I really need to get a life...

Timeline Of My Day:

Let's see. I sleep for awhile in the morning. I have insomnia so I sleep when I can get it..and right now my body is on a whacked out schedule...so whatever. When I wake up...I stretch, I move the puppies out of my way, and then I go make pee pee. Don't judge. You know it's the first stop you make in the morning too.
Then I trudge my grumpy sleepy cranky self into the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee. Sometimes my family is kind enough to do this for me...but most days I'm on my own. Then I say hello to the hubs (and the kid if she's here), check to make sure everyone is behaving, mental note the chore list for the day....and trudge back to my bedroom and my desk.
I turn on the computer. I check Facebook. I check emails. I check Instagram. I re-check Facebook. I probably get sucked into something on Pinterest or Etsy...or a virtual conversation via chat. I see what the blog and photography challenges are for the day. I sigh, swear, contemplate suicide....and re-check Facebook.
I drink my coffee. I decide that I am hungry. Going back to the kitchen normally means that Small will see me and ask me to make her some breakfast..but again, she's off with her friend, so I should be good. Hubs can fend for himself. Search..usually fruitlessly...for diet approved food. Give up..and go back to desk hungry.
Think about doing the dishes. Decide that task is overwhelming. Think about taking something out of the freezer for dinner. Put laundry in the washing machine. Start dishwater. Need to make pee pee. Go back to desk...re-check Facebook. Forget to lay something out for dinner.
Play with the puppies. Pin on Pinterest for awhile. Maybe write a blog. Work on edits for book. Switch laundry. Decide to go to library...need to renew books. Walk over to library, renew books, check out new books, chat about inter library loan. Go back home. Hug husband in kitchen.
Husband asks to steal me for a movie. Curl up on couch with him and puppies. Spend 2 hours watching movie. Find another movie on Netflix. Decide to watch that too. Remember that I never layed anything out for dinner. Spend another 2 hours curled up watching movie. Husband puts out ant traps at front and back doors. We clean up kitchen. Friend stops by and drops off bread maker and picks up Amish Friendship Bread. We chat for a minute...maybe see her tomorrow?
Back to desk. Re-check Facebook. Update Goodreads with new books from library. Write blog. Procrastinate photography blog. Write Facebook status. Delete Facebook status. Decide to curl up in bed for the rest of the night and read.
Make coffee. Find a diet friendly midnight snack. Curl up in bed. Finish current book. Begin new book. Move puppies fifteen thousand times. Don't sleep. Realize that I never did the dishes, or any OTHER housework today for that matter...which means I will have to do it all tomorrow. Swear. Sip coffee. Keep reading. Mental note to delegate housework tomorrow when Small comes home.


There you go. A day in the life. I'm sure there are other things...like walks with Small and the puppies. Or actual dinners. Or grocery shopping. Or conversations with my friends and family. Or housework....there's always a ton of that. Today...I just didn't choose to DO any of that. Whatever. Sue me. Don't like it? Didn't ask.

See ya on the flip flop side.


XOX!!


No comments:

Post a Comment