Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Show Me The Money..

Today is all about dreams. Dreaming about being independently wealthy, with not a care in the world and not  a worry to my name. Oh, I'm sure rich people have worries and cares....I just wouldn't know what they are. And I say it's all about dreams..because, let's be honest...you gotta play that Lottery to win it. And I don't play. I've got better things to do with my monies.
But for the sake of argument and blogging.....

If I Won The Lottery:

How much are we talking here? If it was just a little scratch off deal I'd probably buy myself a soda and another scratch off. But if we are talking big mega bucks.....I'd like to say I'd be all responsible and thrifty, but fuck that noise. I'd make it rain all up in here. No..I wouldn't. I'd be all responsible and thrifty. Let's get down to business.
I'd buy a house. Scratch that. I'd build my motherfucking dream house. Land in the country...Check. Hardwood floors...Check. Fireplaces...Check. Big gourmet kitchen...Check. Monstrous staircase...Check. Tons of bedrooms....Check. Plenty of bathrooms...Check. A beautiful pool...Check. An office...Check. A SEPARATE STUDIO SPACE....OH HELL CHECK. A barn with chickens....Check.
I'd use just a little of it to buy new..old...furnishings and decorations. I'd hit up all the local flea markets and antiques stores. Decorating is a process though...so I'd really only need the basics to get started.
I'd pay off debt and secure our finances. This is so boring that it makes me cry...but for real. I would pay off all the things that scare me, and keep me awake at night, and worry the bejeebes out of me. Then I would chuck a big honking chunk of it into a huge interest bearing account for us to live off of.
And if THAT wasn't boring enough....I'd set up a college fund for my kid. I pray that she will secure financial assistance in the form of scholarships and grants....but it would be nice to know that if she needs it...it's there. And if she doesn't need it...well, maybe I'll finally get that Master's Degree I've always wanted. (Or maybe I'll invest it in a beach house somewhere...who needs another education?)
I suppose if there was anything left over after all of that...well, I'd probably hire a quack doctor to suck out and tighten my shit up. And a personal trainer and a personal chef to make sure it stayed that way. And a pool boy...to stare at while I tan it up.
And since we're just dreaming here....I might as well tell you that I'd totally travel. I'd grab the husband, or the girlfriends, and be gone. There is so much shit I want to see before I die....might as well get to doing it. Probably gonna have to invest in some kind of fancy boat or something for hubs though...to keep him busy. 'Cause otherwise, he's gonna be all up in my shit all the time...can't be having that.

There you have it. My Lottery wish list. Mostly very responsible and boring...because I suppose, underneath my badass rebel exterior lies the heart of a lamb.
And if you keep that a secret...maybe I'll share my winnings with you.

See ya on the flip flop side.



XOX!!

No comments:

Post a Comment