Thursday, June 6, 2013

Personally..

I am SICK of these really hard challenges that make me think about shit. For real. And since we are on the subject, I am also sick of boring you to tears with shit about me. Aren't you tired of learning useless nonsense about me...most of which, if we were really friends, you would already know?!
Whatever. I have to be totally and completely honest with you...I have no idea what to tell you tonight. I woke up with a screaming migraine and stayed in bed all day...well stayed in bed until I had to get up for a Sorority function this evening. Now I am back at home...pajamaed up..and ready to tackle this challenge. I did a little market research, as in I asked people I know to answer the following question..."What do you think are my best personality traits?". Quite frankly, the answers surprised me. Do you people fucking KNOW me?
Luckily I only have to pick three.

3 Personality Traits I Am Proud Of:

Numero Uno....Honest. I want to put this in here because it's the one I am most proud of, yes...but also because it's probably the one that most people answered first. Let me be clear...sometimes this trait isn't always one I am proud of, per se....I am BRUTALLY honest at times. PAINFULLY. You can bet if I tell you something...it's the fucking truth....or it's at least as close to the version I know. You might not always like what I have to say...but you can take it to the bank. I promise that you will never have to wonder how I am feeling, what I am thinking, or where I am going. My filter stopped working a LONG time ago....what comes out is raw and real...but it's true. The good part of that? I've got nothing I have to remember later on down the road.

Letter C.....Passionate. I am passionate about my family. And love. And art. And photography. I am passionate about people not being bitches and doucheboxes. I am passionate about saving the world. And ruling it. I am passionate about reading. I am passionate about blogging. I am passionate about my daughter...my husband...my dogs...my shoes...my camera...my friends. I am passionate about the universe meeting my own personal needs. I am passionate about staying out of politics and religion. I am passionate about peace. I am passionate about lots of things....selfish things sometimes, but sometimes really unbelievably universally worthwhile things.

Triangle.....Quirky. I am an odd duck. It's true. Wild. Free. Weird. Random. I might have some strange and bizarre idiosyncrasies, but, you know...who doesn't? It's all a big part of what makes me tick. So I don't like blue food. So I will continue to read a book (or a whole series...) even if it's bad because I'm invested in the characters. So I have to have a pillow on my lap when I travel. So I hear things that don't exist. So I have super sonic smelling powers. So my health is jankey and my brain is a hot mess. You know you love me still. Because quirky is who I am.....and it makes all the weird random crazy shit that comes out of my mouth seem completely sane.

There are so many other things I am...Giving (I'd like to give people a throat punch). Forgiving (most of the time...unless you screw me over, in which case...I will hold a grudge like you've never seen.). Helpful (I'd like to help some people off a cliff.). Faithful (as in having Faith...Jesus and I are besties. But also, as in hubs knows I got his back. Forever). Trustworthy (I can keep secrets better than Fort Knox.). Loyal (once I let you in...you are pretty much stuck with me. That's the way it goes.). Funny (ummm, yeah. Have you been paying attention?). Creative (all the crazy people are.). A Good Mom (OK...that might not be considered a personality trait...but my kid added it. And since right now we waiver a very thin line between loathe and hate {totally kidding..we love the shit outta each other}..I will take whatever compliments she gives me. Especially since she thinks I am totally UNCOOL. Good mom....that counts for something, dudes.)
I suppose everyone has within them the same traits....the difference is in how you use them. Not everyone can be as awesomesauce as me. It's OK....someone has to wave when I go by.

See ya on the flip flop side!

XOX!!


P.S. Thank You to bestie Louper Goatee for the BEST answers of the day....Needy (I totally AM..but do not appreciate being called out on.), Humble (I totally AM NOT...and do not appreciate being called out on.), and Gracious (I totally AM..see? Gracious as we speak!). Best. Fucking. Answers. Applications being accepted for new and improved bestie...with less snark and smarm (that's my job.). XOX.

2 comments:

  1. APPLICATIONS???? WHAT THE FUCK???? DEFRIENDED. RIGHT. NOW. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubt it. You love and adore me. I'm the craziest coolest funnest person you know....you would be lost without me. And we both know it. I speak the truth...remember? I love you, too.

      Delete