Thursday, June 13, 2013

Words..

I am a wordsmith. A maker of words. A writer. Some would even say long-winded....maybe even WORDY. They'd be right...mean...but right. Words are important to me. Like air and water and food. I collect them, keep them, file them away. I have great thick journals full of quotes..reserved and secured for rainy days, special occasions, Facebook statuses and writers block.
Having to chose a favorite is a difficult and daunting task. Like picking a favorite child. You can do it...but you probably shouldn't. Words can be very easily offended.

Favorite Quote:

Ever notice that 'What the Hell?' is always the right decision? ~ Marilyn Monroe

I love this quote because it reminds me to not take life too seriously, to go with your gut, and to have fun. It's about doing the things you wouldn't normally do...embracing that "what have I got to lose" mentality and just going for it. It's about what happens when you stop thinking and just DO. Live life to the fullest...or die trying.

Whatever you are, be a good one. ~ Abe Lincoln

This one reminds me to always be my very best self. To give to others what I want in return. To do good, be good, give good. I mean, I suppose..if Abe is to be followed literally....you could be an asshole...as long as you're a good one. But for the sake of Karma...let's just assume he means NOT being an asshole and just play nice.


So there you have it. I couldn't pick one. So I didn't. And those were taken right off of my Facebook page...where they have been for awhile. So they must truly be my favorites. 'Cause I change that shit up all the time. Another scorching hot post stormy day here in my world. Which means I'm basically bitchy and mean and ugly. And hot. It's gonna be a LONG summer. You've been warned.

See ya on the flip flop side!


XOX!!


No comments:

Post a Comment